Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Even Politics in Ghana are Fun!

Tonight I got a rare opportunity to see the vice president of Ghana speak on campus. It is an election year, and the social democrat club on campus organized an event to rally support for the re-election of the current administration.


I decided to bring a pen and notepad along just in case I could make a newspaper article out of it.  I ended up taking notes on the vice president's whole speech, and learning a lot about Ghana's politics in the process.


The event was so much more fun and interactive than I expected it to be. There was cheering, there was chanting, and there was singing involved.


Not only did I thoroughly enjoy the event, but it turned out that I was given some space at the end of the upcoming news issue for a short article about the event!


The first issue of the newspaper comes out next week, and I have two articles-- One is a longer article that touches on the presidential speech last week, and now I have an article about the vice president's speech! I would say I'm pretty happy about this as a journalistic starting point!








No comments:

Post a Comment